10 Natural Foods That Will Boost Your Energy
We all desire to increase our energy and most importantly do so naturally. Artificially flavored and sugary energy drinks are the last thing your body needs even if it is tired. In order to maintain healthy levels of energy the most important thing you can do is sleep & exercise. If you do not sleep nor exercise it is likely that you will always feel exhausted even when you eat or drink high energy foods. With enough sleep and exercise focusing on nutrition the next best thing you can do to maintain healthy energy levels. Though coffee and tea are known sources of energy, see below for more options that will boost your body with natural energy.
1. Coffee is probably the first food you think of when needing some energy! It is known to be rich in caffeine and its effects can be felt very quickly. Coffee can be very beneficial to your body in moderation as it helps regulate the metabolic activity of the body, burn fat, and lower the risk for cardiovascular problems.
2. Bananas are amazing. They are one of the most affordable fruits, available year round and one of the most valuable. They are full of energy as they are an excellent source of carbohydrates, potassium, and vitamin B6. You can read 20 reasons why you need more bananas here.
3. Tea's come in so many varieties ranging in all kinds of flavors and colors. Tea’s are full of benefits varying from cup to cup. A cup of green tea or earl gray may be all you need to give you that midday boost!
4. Dark Chocolate is full of antioxidants which help deliver oxygen to the brain and muscles and improve their functions. Chocolate also helps reduce mental fatigue and improve mood - don’t you get giddy when you are about to eat some?
5. Eggs are such a satisfying food, they are perfect for fueling your day as they are packed with protein which gives you a steady and sustained source of energy by not spiking blood sugar or insulin levels.
6. Apples are one of the most popular fruits in the entire world as they are a good source of carbs and fiber. Due to their rich content of natural sugars and fiber, apples can provide a slow and sustained energy release. Apples also have a high antioxidant content that can slow down the digestion of carbohydrates and release energy over a more extended period of time.
7. Goji Berries have been used in Chinese medicine for several centuries, as they are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. This fruit tastes absolutely delicious. I was first exposed to it through my favorite power juice called “Ningxia Red” by Young Living. Goji berries are excellently paired with yogurt, smoothies or raw!
8. Nuts are gold! They are packed with nutrients to promote energy because they are high in calories, abundance of protein, carbs and healthy carbs all of these which allow a slow release of energy during the day. Nuts are also full of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, and other minerals such as manganese, iron, B vitamins and vitamin E - I told ya, they are GOLD!
9. Popcorn is truly my favorite snack ever! Popcorn is recommended by many health coaches and bloggers as a healthy snack. This is because popcorn is low in calories and energizing because it is high in carbs and fiber. To keep your popcorn healthy make sure to cook with wholesome ingredients using the air-pop cooking method.
10. Avocados are considered to be a superfood because of their amazing benefits. They are known to help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, heart health and amazing skin. They are rich in healthy fats and fiber which is a great source of energy. They are also full of vitamins and minerals.
Next time you are needing a pick me up snack mid-day or mid-afternoon try any of the above mentioned foods and examine how your body feels with these delicious and all-natural energy boosting foods.
Avocado Image credit: www.quotecatalog.com.