20 Reasons Why You Need More Bananas
Bananas are an easily ignored fruit, we see them all the time at the supermarkets and tend to easily pass by them because we are used to them. They are usually always available no matter the season because bananas here in the USA are all imported. When doing a quick comparison of the most consistent and most affordable fruit, bananas are at the top of the list. So no matter the season, bananas are a no-brainer to always add to your grocery list. You'll be amazed not only at all things you can add and do with bananas, but also at all their mind-blowing benefits.
1. Rich In Fiber. Bananas can help with constipation due to their high fiber content. They are also great to eat in case after getting a case of the runs as they can help replace electrolytes.
2. Heart & Bone Health. Bananas are high in Potassium which maintains proper heart function and regulates your blood pressure. Eating bananas can counter act the effects of a high sodium diet. Potassium also suppresses calcium excretion in the urine preventing painful kidney stones and helps preserve your bones.
3. Ease Digestion. Bananas are rich in pectin which helps aid digestion. They are also a natural anti-acid. They are known for coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
4. Powerhouse of Nutrients. Bananas are amazing to eat before a workout as they provide energy and are able to sustain your blood sugar. They are also able to protect against muscle cramps. They make an excellent snack between meals as they stabilize blood sugar levels.
5. Can be a Mood Stabilizer. Due to the high levels of tryptophan that are converted in serotonin (a happy-mood brain neurotransmitter) bananas can help you feel better.
OTHER RANDOM TIPS:
6. Skin Support. Place the inside of a banana peel against your skin, it does wonders! The peel has a strong moisturizing and soothing effect. It has also been said that banana peel can also rid of warts when treating for about a week. You can also smash a banana with brown sugar for a natural skin scrub!
7. Leather Polish. To polish your leather shoes rub the inside of a banana peel with a dry cloth and see the results!
8. Whiter Teeth. Rub the inside of the banana peel against your teeth and see whiter teeth.
9. Ripen Avocados. Because bananas release ethylene they trigger ripening in avocados, simply place a banana in the same bag as avocados and check until they are ready.
10. Share with your Pet. Bananas are fruits that our furry babies can also enjoy! You can mash up a banana and add it to your dog's food.
MAKE THIS WITH BANANAS..
11. Banana Bread. Delicious for breakfast or other mid-day snacks. There are so many different recipes available for you all over the web, and these recipes are always great to make with overripe bananas.
12. Banana Cake. Banana cake is a healthier option for birthdays or any other celebrations. Banana cake pairs excellently with cream cheese based icing. Also great to make with overripe bananas.
13. Banana Ice-Cream. There are various options for sugar, gluten & dairy free ice-cream recipes available. Perfect for dessert and a cold boost of energy!
14. Banana Smoothie. There are thousands of smoothie recipes, and bananas always make a great addition in taste & consistency.
15. Chocolate Dipped Bananas. These are a summer favorites and easy to make. Just dip bananas into melted chocolate and freeze. YUM!
EAT THIS WITH BANANAS...
16. Banana French Toast. Simply add banana as a topping to your french toast paired with with peanut butter and chocolate and enjoy!
17. Banana Pancakes/Waffles. Easy, slice some banana to your favorite pancake recipe or top your waffles with this delicious fruit!
18. Banana Fruit Bowl. One of my favorite ways to pair banana is with strawberries, greek yogurt, granola and honey.
19. Banana Oatmeal. For a quick breakfast just add some banana and peanut butter to your oats.
20. Peanut Butter + Bananas make for a power mid-day snack filling as a full meal.
There you have it, so many reasons to add bananas to your grocery list on every trip to the store. There are these and so many more ways to eat bananas that you can find on the internet! Keep your body healthy and your wallet full with this delicious, nutritious, and affordable fruit.